DON'T BREAK YOUR TUBE!
1) First Rule of CTFL: Don't break your tube. In a duel, the last person with an unbroken tube is declared the winner. In the event that both participants break their tubes at the same time, the game is a draw, and both duelists are considered losers.
2) No blocking or swinging with your arms. No body slamming.
3) No stabbing. Lunges involving tubes are never allowed under any circumstances. Participants who exhibit this behavior will be ejected from the entire event.
4) Try not to work the face. Hitting people in the face is heavily frowned upon and can force your ejection from the event.
5) Once your tube is broken you must stop fighting.
6) To participate you must be using an official CTFL tube, which will be provided at the event, and you must have signed a release waiver.
7) You may not block your opponent's tube with your arms, hands, or legs.
8) Your tube must always be held near the bottom. Holding your tube in the middle at any time is illegal.
9) Shields are officially banned in tournaments.
WHAT IS A CTFL BATTLE LIKE?
A CTFL battle is very different from a tournament mainly because there is only shared victory. When you arrive at the event you will be given a tube and a colored marker to designate your team. When the battle begins, you and your teammates attempt to break as many of the opposing team's tubes as possible. In a battle, a broken tube is any tube that is completely unraveled at the break, or is severed completely. The last team with any intact tubes is declared the winning team. Battles allow both cardboard shields and armor, and the participants with the best costumes are rewarded with prizes.
WHAT IS A CTFL TOURNAMENT LIKE?
A CTFL tournament includes 48 participants. Each participant duels at least once. The winner of the duel is the person whose cardboard tube is not broken and the loser is he whose tube is bent. The winning participant will have dueled 5 times, without destroying their cardboard tube. The breakdown of the rounds is as follows:
Round 1- 48 Participants- 1 vs. 1 matches
Round 2- 24 Participants- 1 vs. 1 matches
Round 3- 12 Participants- 1 vs. 1 matches
Round 4- 6 Participants- 3 person chaos matches
Round 5- 2 Participants- Tube and Shield 1 vs. 1 match Depending on the number of participants, there may be fewer rounds.